New Student Scholarship
James and Isabel So Student Scholarship
New England School of Acupuncture (NESA) offers new entering full-time students who complete their applications to NESA by May 1st one of two $2,500 one-year scholarships. These scholarships have been made available through the generosity of alumni and friends of NESA in honor of NESA founder Dr. James So and his loyal wife Isabel. They are intended to address some of the one-time expenses associated with entering into a master’s program of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, such as equipment purchases and other start up costs. The scholarship award will be deducted in equal amounts from the student’s fall and spring semester’s tuition account.
The recipients will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee using their applications to the master’s program. No additional application is required.
- All students planning to enroll in a program of full-time study at NESA whose application for admission is submitted and complete by May 1, 2014 will be considered for this Scholarship.
- Both U.S. and international students are eligible to be considered for this Scholarship.
Scope of Scholarship
- The Scholarship is intended to address some of the unique expenses associated with beginning a program of study at NESA.
- The Scholarship is awarded for the first year only.
- The Scholarship is awarded only in the fall – at the time of the beginning of the traditional academic year. It will be deducted in equal amounts from the recipient’s fall and spring semester’s tuition account.
- The Scholarship Committee will select award recipients from within the group of applicants who completed their NESA application by May 1, 2014 and who received an offer of admission to the School.
- The members of the Scholarship Committee will consider the student’s complete file, identifying relative strengths of academic promise and potential for success. They will award scholarships on a competitive basis.
- Recipients will be informed of their selection by June 6, 2014.
- If a scholarship recipient is awarded Federal Financial Aid, the financial aid office will incorporate the scholarship into the recipient’s 2014-2015 financial aid award letter.
- Please direct any questions regarding scholarship opportunities to Jason Powers, Director of Admissions, at 617-558-1788 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org .