NESA invites all applicants who are considering careers in acupuncture and Oriental Medicine to become as informed as possible about the profession and the individuals who have chosen to practice this healing art.
The education of NESA students as healers is central to the school and each student has a considerable effect on the life and learning of the academic acupuncture and Oriental Medicine community as a whole. NESA looks for students who are motivated, mature, open-minded, and who express sensitivity and compassion toward others.
To apply for admission to NESA, please submit the following:
1. Complete the online application.
2. Non-refundable application fee $75.
3. Two professional or academic letters of recommendation from people familiar with your maturity and integrity. (Your references cannot be relatives.)
4. Statement of Purpose: Describe your goals, strengths, and potential for becoming a successful acupuncturist or Oriental Medicine practitioner. Please state what makes you a viable candidate for acceptance in this program. Describe your vision for the profession and state clearly what has led you to consider a career in healthcare in general and specifically in this field. Your statement should be 2–4 pages (no less than 500 words), typed and double-spaced on 8.5"x11" paper.
6. Resume: A recent resume or CV must accompany your application. Please include your current and previous work experience; honors, awards, and fellowships earned as a professional, volunteer or student; personal interests or training.
7. Official Transcripts: Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended, including all coursework you have attempted or completed. Official transcripts must be sent directly to NESA from the registrar of each institution.
8. Financial Aid: If you would like to apply for financial aid, please complete the NESA Financial Aid Application
Transfer Applicants: Please submit your application and non-refundable fee of $75 at least three months prior to your planned term of enrollment. Course catalogs and syllabi for all coursework completed at previous school(s) of acupuncture and Oriental Medicine are required.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement:
The New England School of Acupuncture admits qualified students of any race, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the college. NESA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies or other school-administered programs.